Phlebology Review Course
February 1-2, 2019
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Hobby Airport
8181 Airport Boulevard
Houston, Texas, 77061-4142
A block of rooms has been reserved for January 31, 2019 – February 2, 2019. The special room rate of $129.00++ per night will be available until January 17 or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. To make your hotel reservations please click here or call the hotel at 1-713-645-3000 and let them know you are booking within the American College of Phlebology group rate.
The Phlebology Review Course is a comprehensive two-day lecture series reviewing the essentials of venous and lymphatic disease and its care. The course is provided by experienced phlebologists form several different primary disciplines who are exceptional educators. The content has been oriented toward the knowledge base required by the certification examination of the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine (ABVLM).
Course Chair: Vineet Mishra, MD, FAAD, FACPh
Linda Antonucci, RPhS, RVT, RDCS
Daniel Friedmann, MD, FAAD
Nick Morrison, MD, FAS, FACPh, RPhS
Jay Radhakrishnan, MD, RVT, RPVI
Joseph Raffetto, MD, FACS, FSVM
Who is this course for?
- Physicians and other health care providers new to the venous field who want a detailed presentation of the core curriculum of phlebology
- Physicians looking to sit for the ABVLM certification examination
- Physicians and other health care providers experienced in venous care looking to update their expertise
- Describe normal venous anatomy and nomenclature
- Summarize normal and abnormal venous hemodynamics and the derangements associated with chronic venous insufficiency
- Identify lymphatic anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology
- Explain the epidemiology, presentation and morbidity of venous disease
- Assess the performance and interpretation of necessary diagnostic exams including duplex ultrasound
- Discuss acute venous thrombosis and acute venous thrombosis risk factors
- Diagnose, treat, or refer superficial thrombophlebitis, deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
- Determine the therapy for acute and chronic venous disease including indications, contraindications, risks and benefits