RPhS Review Course
April 6, 2019
8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Sheraton Suites Chicago O’Hare
6501 Mannheim Road
Rosemont, Illinois 60018
Who is this course for?
- Sonographers, physicians and other healthcare professionals who desire to improve their knowledge and competence related to venous ultrasound
- Healthcare professionals preparing to sit for the Cardiovascular Credentialing International’s (CCI) Registered Phlebology Sonographer (RPhS) certification exam
- Recognize anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the deep and superficial venous systems
- Describe the various techniques for treatig venous disease and the associated role of duplex ultrasound
- Compare venous disease classification tools such as CEAP and VCSS
- Distinguish treatment choices based on patient presentation using classification tools such as CEAP and VCSS
- Define the ultrasonographer’s role in maintaining information, facility, and safety
- Discuss the increasing importance of credentialing for healthcare professionals
- Linda Antonucci, RPhS, RVT, RDCS – Program Chair
- Marresa Houle, RVT, RPhS
- Kevin Kehler, LMT, CLT, RVT, RDMS
- Donna Kelly, RPhS, RVT, RDMS
- Lower Extremity Venous and Arterial Anatomy (including cross sectional anatomy)
- Venous Thrombosis and Venous Hemodynamics
- Patient History and Physical Exam
- Overview of Venous Disease: CEAP Classification and VCSS
- Ultrasound Physics and Principles
- Indirect Testing – Venous and Arterial
- Pelvic Anatomy and Pathophysiology
- Performance of a Lower Extremity Venous Duplex Examination
- Maintain Information, Facility and Safety
- Non-Surgical Management of CVI, Lymphedema and Phlebolymphedema
- Treatment Options for Chronic Venous Disease
- Pre-, During, and Post-Intervention Ultrasound
A block of rooms have been reserved at a special rate of $129++ per night. Rooms will be available at this rate until March 15 or until the group block is sold out, whichever comes first. To make your hotel reservations please click here.
The American Vein & Lymphatic Society (AVLS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM.