February 24-25, 2017
ACP Training Center
San Leandro, CA
The Phlebology Review Course is a comprehensive two-day lecture series reviewing the essentials of venous disease and its care. The course is provided by experienced phlebologists from several different primary disciplines who are exceptional educators. The content has been oriented toward the knowledge base required by the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine certification exam.
For the full program and schedule CLICK HERE
To register for the 2017 Phlebology Review Course, click below.
- Vineet Mishra, MD, FAAD – Chair
- Yung-Wei Chi, DO, FAHA, FSVM, FACPh
- Daniel Friedmann, MD, FAAD
- Mark Isaacs, MD, FACPh, FAAFP, RPhS
- Nick Morrison, MD, FACS, FACPh, RPhS
- Diana Neuhardt, RVT, RPhS
- Jay Radhakrishnan, MD, RVT, RPVI
As a result of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe normal venous anatomy and nomenclature.
- Summarize normal and abnormal venous hemodynamics and the derangements associated with chronic venous insufficiency.
- Identify lymphatic anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology.
- Explain the epidemiology, presentation and morbidity of venous disease.
- Assess the performance and interpretation of necessary diagnostic exams including duplex ultrasound.
- Discuss acute venous thrombosis and acute venous thrombosis risk factors.
- Diagnose, treat, or refer superficial thrombophlebitis, deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
- Determine the therapy for acute and chronic venous disease including indications, contraindications, risks and benefits.
The target audience for the Phlebology Review Course includes physicians experienced in caring for patients with venous problems as well as physicians who are new to the field and want a detailed presentation of the core curriculum of phlebology. Topics covered during the course will be emphasized based on the anticipated importance of these topics on the Board Certification Exam to be administered by the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Disease in the spring of 2017. In addition to phlebologists, other specialists who treat venous disease will also benefit from the course, including vascular surgeons, general surgeons, family practitioners, interventional radiologists, obstetrician/gynecologists and specialists in internal medicine.
Oakland Marriott City Center
Oakland, CA 94607
Phone: (510) 451.4000
CLICK HERE to make reservations
Topping nationwide lists of “must-visit” locations, Oakland, California has become an epicenter of entertainment, and Oakland Marriott City Center is in the heart of it all. Reopened in December 2016, the Oakland Marriott City Center features completely re-imagined concepts immersed in local inspiration and artwork.
With a booming local food scene, unique music venues and strong focus on local arts, Oakland is one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world. Oracle Arena, Napa/Sonoma Wine Country and Silicon Valley are nearby. Discover the local charm of Chinatown, Lake Merritt and Oakland City Center. Then visit Jack London Square Waterfront, featuring a 9-plex cinema, jazz club and wineries, all within walking distance.