June 1, 2019
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta Airport
3400 Norman Berry Drive
Atlanta, GA 30344
The Phlebology Primer is a comprehensive one-day lecture series reviewing the essentials of venous and lymphatic disease and its care. The course is provided by experienced phlebologists form several different primary disciplines who are exceptional educators.
Course Chair: Vineet Mishra, MD, FAAD, FACPh
Who is this course for?
- Physicians and other health care providers new to the venous field who want a detailed presentation of the core curriculum of phlebology
- Physicians and other health care providers experienced in venous care looking to update their expertise
- Describe normal venous anatomy and nomenclature
- Summarize normal and abnormal venous hemodynamics and the derangements associated with chronic venous insufficiency
- Identify lymphatic anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology
- Explain the epidemiology, presentation and morbidity of venous disease
- Assess the performance and interpretation of necessary diagnostic exams including duplex ultrasound
- Discuss acute venous thrombosis and acute venous thrombosis risk factors
- Diagnose, treat, or refer superficial thrombophlebitis, deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
- Determine the therapy for acute and chronic venous disease including indications, contraindications, risks and benefits
Additional information coming soon! Sign up below and be the first to know when registration opens.