Phlebology Review Course
February 1-2, 2019
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Hobby Airport
8181 Airport Boulevard
Houston, Texas, 77061-4142
The Phlebology Review Course is a comprehensive two-day lecture series reviewing the essentials of venous disease and its care. The course is provided by experienced phlebologists form several different primary disciplines who are exceptional educators. The content has been oriented toward the knowledge base required by the certification examination of the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine (ABVLM).
Who is this course for?
- New physicians to the venous field who want a detailed presentation of the core curriculum of phlebology
- Physcians looking to sit for the ABVLM certification examination
- Experienced physicians in venous care looking to update their expertise
- Describe normal venous anatomy and nomenclature
- Summarize normal and abnormal venous hemodynamics and the derangements associated with chronic venous insufficiency
- Identify lymphatic anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology
- Explain the epidemiology, presentation and morbidity of venous disease
- Assess the performance and interpretation of necessary diagnostic exams including duplex ultrasound
- Discuss acute venous thrombosis and acute venous thrombosis risk factors
- Diagnose, treat, or refer superficial thrombophlebitis, deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
- Determine the therapy for acute and chronic venous disease including indications, contraindications, risks and benefits
Additional information coming soon! Sign up below and be the first to know when registration opens.