As part of our commitment to education in the field of vein care, the ACP offers funding for a 12-month fellowship providing postgraduate training in the practice specialty of venous and lymphatic disease.
About the Fellowship Program
Through a generous grant from the ACP Foundation, the ACP annually funds $110,000 toward a minimum of one fellowship.
Phlebology fellowship training programs will be approved only after fulfilling rigorous standards of training and excellence. Approved programs have the distinction of being among the first formal training programs in the nation.
Approved programs will provide fellows with education and clinical training in all aspects of venous disease, per the ACP Approved Curriculum. Graduates of approved phlebology fellowships are eligible to sit for the American Board of Venous & Lymphatic Medicine certification exam.
Prospective Program Directors
Applications will be accepted from prospective Program Directors in the United States.
Individuals interested in becoming program directors must:
- Review the Application and Approval Process
- Complete a Program Application Form (PAF)
- Fulfill program requirements and be able to provide the core competencies outlined in the fellowship curriculum
- Be approved by the American College of Phlebology Fellowship Committee (ACPFC)
- Be subsequently approved by the ACP Board of Directors
- Commit to training at least three fellows within a five-year period
- Agree to program monitoring and oversight from the ACPFC and the ACP Board of Directors
Application Forms & Information for New Programs or Programs Directors
To apply as a Program Director, please download and complete the Application Form provided above (please be sure to download and review the informational documents as well).
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Membership Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.